Acne is one of the most common skin problems in the world today. We have all had harrowing experiences trying to rid our skin of these blemishes. Some of us have won the war, but some of us are still battling it out. In some cases acne breaks out without any warning, and you will be left wondering why such a curse has been put upon you. Here are five common acne triggers. Understanding them will allow you to take precautions in the right regard.
- Cosmetics: Using excessive cosmetics or not removing them properly from your skin can lead to clogged pores in your skin, which can lead to severe acne.
- Hormones: Hormones known as androgens are typically responsible for acne. These hormones regulate the oil glands in your skin. Over stimulating these glands can lead to dead skin getting stuck in the pores, thus resulting in acne.
- Food: Scientists have determined that certain types of food can make acne worse, if not directly cause them. Foods that have a high glycemic index are the culprits. Foods with excessive sugar, dairy based food and other junk food should be avoided in order to arrest acne.
- Stress: Stress increases the release of a substance called cortisol, which can aggravate your acne problem. Also, when people are under stress they tend to pick their pimples, which can lead to long term scarring as well.
- Medications: A lot of common medication such as anabolic steroids, lithium etc can worse your acne problems.
At Asian Hair and Skin Clinic, our professionals will provide optimal care in order to reduce your acne problems. For more information about our services, do visit our website at www.asianhairnskinclinic.com